Using the DD Cal Tool, you can:
· View and edit the control parameters in the ECM to optimize the control logic
· View instrumentation variables, such as rpm or fluid temperatures and pressures, while the engine is running.
The control parameters and variables can be of many different types (such as integer, floating point or enumerated values) and structure (such as, single-valued scalars or one, two or three dimensional tables). The DDC Cal Tool provides a wide range of controls for viewing and editing all these types of values, including:
· Virtual instruments such as analog meters, thermometers, bars and sliders.
· Table graphs.
· Text and Table Editor Controls.
The control parameters for an ECM are defined in two files: a metafile (.MET), which can be created using Pi's Metafile Compiler, which defines the structure; and a Calibration file (.CAL) generated by the DDC Cal Tool, which contains the parameter values.
Typical applications for the DDC Tool include:
· debugging new ECM control logic;
· optimizing operation by fine-tuning individual control parameters